The Invention Award is an ongoing monthly bursary open to every Pop My Mind member. This award will conclude at the end of August, 2018.
Simply react to someone else's piece of creativity on Pop My Mind in a bold, brave, creative way to be considered for this award!
1) Look around www.popmymind.com and be inspired by someone else's work!
2) Create a new piece of work in any medium.
3) Upload your piece by clicking the 'Pop This' button under their piece. Don't forget to add the hashtag #inventionaward so that it's easier for us to search for it.
4) Team Pop (PMM staff) will review all the work created and select TWO winning pieces at the end of each month.
5) You have three months to spend your bursary money (see below for deets), and we refund you after you've bought or booked them.
That's right - it's just normal Popping!
- £100 bursary towards creative materials, e.g. restocking paint, a year's supply of software, a new desk, whatever!
- £100 bursary towards an experience by yourself or with friends and family. For example a theatre or dance show, travelling to an exhibition, attending life drawing classes, getting lost in the wilderness
- £100 towards a meal out with friends or family on us
This is our way to keep your creativity flowing and support your developing practise and happiness!
The Selection Process and Conditions
Team Pop (the staff of PMM) will choose two pieces of work from different artists which they deem as the most inventive to receive the reward.
- This award is exclusive to Pop My Mind members
- Please don't upload your piece in response to this call-out. Upload it directly to the piece of work which inspired it.
- Work in any medium will be considered for the award
- We will strongly favour Poppers who Pop regularly i.e. at uploading work to PMM least once a month, and who are responsive to contact
- To be considered for the award, your piece has to be in response to a piece of work, not a call-out, and cannot be connected to another opportunity
- The work you create has to be GENUINELY inspired by other work on the platform. No false Pops please!
- You may use your work in opportunities external to Pop My Mind, such as exhibitions or for uni work, or you can sell your work, even if it wins the award
- By accepting the award, you agree to supply us with a brief description of how you used it, with photos of you doing the 3 things so that we can share the happy news on social media!
- We are trialling the Invention Award 2.0 and will review it in 6 months to see if it should continue
- The award is kindly provided by our lead investor, who is very excited to see what new Pops you create!
Show us what you got!